Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Book Review and Breaking my Bad Habits

The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for LifeThe Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Add this to the life altering book list.

After having children I was looking for some sort of guide to help me balance, full-time work and family and still have time to make artwork. I gave up there was nothing out there.

I found The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life. It was like a light bulb went on. It all seemed so obvious once Twyla Tharp put the words on the page. She give guidance and examples of what has worked for her and relates it in a way that is easy to digest. She asks questions that  generate closer personal inspection.

I spent hours journaling thoughts triggered by her book. I have great habits and routines when it comes to my kids and corporate job and terrible habits when it came to my art practice- the thing that sustains me and energizes me. 

The book relates to my art practice and my work in the corporate world. This is a good book to have on the shelf to read again if I fall out of my creative habit again.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All comments to Mundie•Art are subject to moderation before posting.