Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hats Hats Hats


Kate Kern Mundie, Hats (work in progress), 20 x 40 inches

I am posting a work in progress.  I have been working on this painting in 15 minute to half hour increments. I catch a few minutes when the kids are eating dinner or playing in their room. Sometimes, I plunk the kids in front of the TV so I can paint. Its all part of the juggling act trying to manage to art-making, working a full time job, and doing the mom and wife thing. I often feel guilty about the time I spend with the kids or the time I spend in the studio. A line in Daybook: The Journey of an Artist by Anne Truitt sums up my feelings,  "It is becoming apparent to me that the mother and the artist do not speak much to each other, and when they do the speech is initiated by the artist who wishes to off about her business." 
 
Kate Kern Mundie, Hats (work in progress 2), 20 x 40 inches

Kate Kern Mundie, Hats (work in progress detail)


You can see the finished version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All comments to Mundie•Art are subject to moderation before posting.