Friday, March 16, 2012

Independence Hall

Kate Kern Mundie, Independence Hall Sunrise, 14 x 12 inches, oil on panel
I work in a building across from Independence Hall. I see the building nearly everyday and I have painted it several times. You can see the other paintings here and here.  The iconic bell tower on the building is the most interesting part to me. On this morning, the buildings at Independence Mall and its surrounds melted into a mass of blues and lavenders and the sun caught on the bell tower and the ornamentation on the Bourse building in the background.

This painting is still a work in progress. I have a few details to add and some edges to define.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All comments to Mundie•Art are subject to moderation before posting.