Sunday, February 19, 2012

Painting at Beaver Farm

Kate Kern Mundie, Beaver Farm, 8 X 16 inches, oil on panel
On a perfect fall day I drove out to Beaver Farm. It is a working farm that is part of Camphill Special School’s transitional program. Camphill Special School hosts artists to paint at its bucolic location as a fund raiser for the school and gives artists time to work in a beautiful setting within a community of other painters. This was the third year of Plein Air for Camphill Special School but my first time. I was really happy I could join the group of artists and support the school.

When I arrived at the farm, I was given the tour by Guy Alma who runs the program. He showed me around the new campus buildings and then the barn built in the 1930s.  I got to see the new piglets born just days before and some heifers and nurse cows and get a bit of history about the farm. 

I set up on the hill overlooking the fields and woods towards French Creek and was soon joined by Joe Sweeney. I painted for a few hours and then returned home. 

The exhibit  and sale in support of Camphill Special School will take place in December 2012 at Rosenfeld Gallery. I will post more information as it becomes available.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All comments to Mundie•Art are subject to moderation before posting.