Saturday, February 11, 2012


I recently interviewed Al Gury for his February show at FAN.  Al was one of my teachers when I was a student at PAFA. I love his work and his thoughtful approach to painting.

As a student, I would go to Al's studio on the 5th floor of an old warehouse building in Old City. It is just as you might imagine an artist's living and work space to look. Al's studio was filled with paintings and drawings, works in various stages of being completed. His living area was full of books and collected work, paintings by contemporaries and mentors. Al also collected American Arts and Crafts ceramics and furniture. I remember thinking, "This is what I want my life to be like."  

You can read the interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All comments to Mundie•Art are subject to moderation before posting.