Thursday, September 29, 2011

From the Sketch Book

Kate Kern Mundie, Highland Light in Fog
A week after the opening of my June show at F.A.N. Gallery we went on vacation to Truro, Cape Cod Massachusetts. It is beautiful and has been a place of inspiration for my paintings for the last 10 years. I packed all my painting gear with the intention of doing lots of work.  However, after a year of intense painting in preperation for the show I was burned out. I made several attempts at painting but the paintings were terrible and I was out of steam. I chose to stick to my sketch book and do lots of drawings instead.
Kate Kern Mundie, View of Province Town

Kate Kern Mundie, Laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All comments to Mundie•Art are subject to moderation before posting.