Sunday, August 30, 2009

Open Bite


Open Bite
Originally uploaded by Prof. Jas. Mundie
On Friday morning, I returned to the Mütter Museum of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia to take more photos. The last time I was there one of my cameras was misbehaving, so much of the film I shot that day was underexposed (urgh!). I hope to have corrected that issue with new shots, but won't know until I process the film.

I was pleased to find that the Mütter had recently brought out new specimens, so what started out as a simple reshoot turned into several hours of exploration (this shot being one example).

I also did two drawings, one a sketch of part of the Hyrtl skull collection, and the other a mermaid (sirenomelia) on permanent loan from the Wistar Institute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. All comments to Mundie•Art are subject to moderation before posting.